Friday, March 11, 2016

Interactive Notebooks

I can't tell you enough how much I love these things! They are so fun, targeted, and creative. My students even love to color with designs. :)

I chose these Simply Kinder Interactive Notebooks because they are predictable. My kinders are able to do these with no problems. There are 5 pages for each letter, so my class does one page a day. 

My Procedure: 

After my students complete their morning work, they color a page of the notebook that they will cut later. They get their pages from their "pouch." I put the papers in their pouch in the order I want them done (morning work in the front, then Interactive Notebook page, then their morning center)

I even have time set aside in my daily schedule for interactive notebook stuff. :)

I also have all my Glue Sponges out for my kids to use. They make gluing all the tiny pieces easier. 
When 1:55 p.m. comes around, I have the students finish coloring and then cut their pieces. I show them where in their notebook to glue, and then they glue their pieces in their notebook together. 

Organization: 
I have Notebook Helpers at each table. They are responsible for keeping the notebooks nice and neat. 
Here is how they are kept on the tables:

As we learn about a shape, word, letter, or vowel sound, we put it in our notebook. There is no order to them, in my class. Although, I did find a rubric for free on TPT :) I can't wait to see the Notebook full! 

Here are some additional examples of the notebook pages (I love Kindergarten work!):





Happy Notebooking!!! 


3 comments:

  1. Do you have separate notebooks for letters, numbers, and shapes or do they use one notebook for everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started notebooks in January. So there isn't an order to it. Next year, however, I plan on having an ELA one and a Math one. That way the skills are seperate, and it doesn't fill up the notebook as fast. I would also recommend the spirals that don't have easy-tear pages (if they still exist). Live and learn. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete