Friday, July 15, 2016

DIY Pocket Chart Calendar

Man oh man! It has been a busy summer. I moved from one city to another, from one kinder class to another sweet kinder class. What a change!!! I am handling it so far so good. :) I have been in the Target Dollar Spot so many times that I can say my theme this year is "Target!" Haha!

 I just love all their rainbow and Dr. Seuss items! (I use a lot of exclamation marks because I am so excited)

I found this awesome Dr. Seuss calendar for a steal at $3!!!!
Eek!!! I got to looking at it, and I figured that it wouldn't hold up as well as I would like. I have used pocket chart calendars my entire school career, and knew I wanted to make this one as well. I looked it up on Pinterest, found one, ONE, post about how to make a paper calendar into a pocket chart. But I found a way that is even easier than that one, so I am going to explain that here. Okay, here we go.

Materials:
Vinyl
Marker
Scissors
Double-sided tape
Straight-edge (large ruler)
Calendar

Procedure:
Measure your calendar and figure out how much space you want for the number pieces. :) 
I wanted mine to only go 3/4 of the way up on each number square for easy number change.
Use your Straight-edge and marker to make lines on the vinyl to cut.

Cut on the lines.
***Now you're ready to assemble. ***
Get your double sided tape and take a piece that is the length of your calendar.
I stayed as close to the lines as possible. 

Then you add your vinyl pieces (bottom of the vinyl will have the tape, sides and top will not!)

Once you have the bottom of the vinyl secured, cut the excess from the sides, and secure it with tape. 

Continue until the calendar is finished. 

I am so stinking happy with the way this turned out! It's absolutely adorable, and durable. :)  

Here are my other projects that I have been working on for my Dr. Seuss themed kindergarten classroom. 

My $3 yard sale bookshelf


Made over with Target dollar spot shelf contact paper. Love!!!

My $5 student mailboxes that I have had for 2 years. I FINALLY refinished them. 


They were ugly and business-like, so I put my touch to them :) 

Thank you for reading! 

Happy refinishing! 





No comments:

Post a Comment